In order to get the most out of your Beaverton housecleaning service, it can be helpful to know what you can do to maintain your home between cleanings. Putting a few minutes into daily housecleaning maintenance can save your home from the chaos that inevitably tries to take over.
It’s often best to do the bedroom when you first wake up, perhaps while the coffee is brewing.
- Make the bed
- Fold or hang clothes that don’t need laundering
- Remove clutter from nightstand
Obviously, this will take less time if you have a dishwasher. If you don’t, having washed and put away the dishes before going to bed will give you a nice head start each morning. In either case, you should be able to maintain a clean kitchen in five to 10 minutes a day.
- Empty and wipe out the sink
- Wipe down counter tops, stove and microwave
- Fold, hang or replace dish towels
- Sweep the floor
If you use a fresh washcloth each day, you can re-purpose it for cleaning before tossing it in the laundry. If not, keep a supply of cleaning cloths or disposable wipes handy in each bathroom. Use a fresh one each day.
- Wipe the counter top
- Clean any splatters off the mirror
- Wipe out the sink
- Wipe the toilet lid, seat and rim
You can use the same wipe or cloth for the whole bathroom if you do the toilet last.
If your children are making this task tough, you can assign them to maintain the living room. Doing so may even reduce the messes they make each day!
- Clear major clutter
- Tidy the sofa
- Straighten books or magazines
- Wipe up crumbs (or use a handheld vacuum)
- Spot clean fingerprints or other problem spots
By breaking up your housecleaning maintenance into small chunks, you can enjoy your clean home longer between professional cleanings. Don’t worry too much if you fall behind, though—we’ll be happy to catch you up on our next visit.